In the last few years there has been a strong increase in the sale of reading glasses in drugstores and other high street shops. Likewise in the Netherlands reading glasses have become a common consumer’s item due to the rise in the aging population. The number of people in the Netherlands needing reading glasses is rising sharply on account of this.
That’s why Pro-Optics offer a wide and up-to-date selection of top quality reading glasses. This assortment caters to current fashion and styling trends. That’s why there are regular changes in the trendy frames available. The basic frames also show small adaptations that cater to general fashion trends. There are unisex frames, but also frames especially for ladies or men.
Pro-Optics always offer the customer a selection of a wide, varying and modern range of reading glasses for affordable prices. The selections on the spectacle stands in the shop are kept up-to-date by means of Service Merchandising, which ensures that the selection is always current and smart.
Pro-Optics reading glasses are offered in 6 different prescriptions, varying from +1,25, for customers with relatively good eyesight, to +3,25 for customers who can hardly read without reading glasses at all. We have selected the most common prescriptions in order to provide as many customers as possible with reading glasses. Of course every frame is available in any prescription.
Recent market surveys have shown that there is a change in the buying behaviour of the consumers. Important conclusions of this survey are:
- The consumer often possesses several pairs of glasses (on average 3,8 pairs of glasses per consumer);
- Consumers often possess several pairs of glasses in different prescriptions;
- Consumers are increasingly guided by colour and design in their choice of glasses;
- Ladies in particular choose glasses influenced by fashion trends
- 83% of reading glasses are purchased in a drugstore.
- 8 different types of frame
- 6 different prescriptions (+1.25, +1.50, +2.00, +2.25, +2.75, +3.25)
- Excellent professional quality
- Always fashionable designs
- All Pro-Optics glasses have tested lenses
- Very good profit margin
- Very competitive retail price
- Excellent service merchandising
Convenient and customer-friendly display stands for reading glasses, which guarantees a maximum profit per meter.